Monday, February 11, 2008

Rexburg

I just got home from Rexburg for the dedication of the temple. I was supposed to interpret for it, but no one showed up needing interpretation, so I was able to just be there. After the sessions finished, we cleaned up the temple. Nearly 4000 chairs needed removed, the furniture needed to be placed, and carpets needed cleaned. That was an experience. The best part was how the celestial room felt like a celestial room even in a pair of jeans. The spirit in that house dedicated to our Lord, was a testimony to me of truth found with in. I'm a bit discouraged to come back to Provo to be honest. The town kinda makes me sad, I just feel as if the world around us keeps moving, while we're lost in a dream land of marriage and school. Reminds me of Mr Bagina's talk... it's interesting how a paper occupies the space of our mind, and genocide is carried out silently to our ears. Random tangent, I know... just something I've been thinking about.

5 comments:

head chef said...

Dear Gabriel,

What language were you interpreting for? I agree with your reflection on cleaning the temple. It is one of my favorite forms of Temple work. One evening My husband and I vacuumed the entire third floor of the Jordan River Temple. As I got to the celestial room I was overwhelmed by the spirit--jeans and all.

BA said...

I love being in the temple. Were you close to President Monson? I also like Provo as well. I have to admit...it is very different, and I think that is why I like it.

Courtney said...

I think that by getting educated in a place like this we become more aware of terrible things that go on like genocide. I know that I know a lot more about it now than I did back in high school. And the more you know, the more you can do to help.

Sherm said...

What a cool experience. I would love to be able to participate in an event like that. The closest I have ever got to that is taking down the chairs after stake conference ha ha.

Anonymous said...

wow that's awesome about being able to interpret for a dedication. what pressure! I just think it's great to get away for a breath of fresh air once in a while. Whether it's to Idaho, Salt Lake, or the Temple.